I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast when I’m busy, which is also becoming a habit. So, I’m trying to come up with an easy, healthy breakfast for crazy mornings and snacks to take with me when I’m on the go.
There have been more days than I care to admit over the last couple of years, where I didn’t eat a single thing until dinner time. Now… how does that even happen? I mean, I really love food and I don’t think it’s healthy to get wrapped up in what I’m doing, and forget to eat. I always have a big dinner, but that doesn’t make up for my bad (erratic) behavior. It’s a lot like working out once a week and expecting great results – not going to happen.
I’m on a mission to change my ways, and these Tropical Coconut Chia Pudding Jars are a great start. They’re assembled the night before, so they make the perfect grab and go breakfast. As much as I’d like to be the kind of person who has a full breakfast, I don’t actually make the time and I’m not super hungry in the morning. I love having something already made that’s ready for me when the mid-morning hunger finally strikes.
And… now for the giveaway! A couple of months ago Healthy Recipes Magazine featured my Parmesan Zucchini Gratin, and they offered me a chance to give away a 1 year subscription of their wonderful magazine to my readers! Be sure to enter the giveaway for your chance to win!
Healthy Recipes Magazine Giveaway
About the Magazine
Healthy Recipes Magazine started back in May of this year by Louise from Ancestral Chef and her husband as a way to deliver amazingly delicious and healthy recipes to readers. She’s always loved food and eating. Unfortunately, eating healthy wasn’t something she understood until several years ago. Now, she helps share her knowledge and love of good food to anyone that enjoys it, and that’s what both her blog and the magazine is all about!
- 1 can coconut milk, 13.66 ounces
- ¼ cup maple syrup, Grade A
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon ground cardamom, freshly ground if possible
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds, (6 Tablespoons for really thick pudding)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, oranges, and bananas
- 2 - mason jars, the 1 pint size
- Mix together the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cardamom, and water until fully combined, I used a blender for mine.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds in each of the 2 jars.
- Pour the coconut mixture evenly into each jar. Stir to fully mix in the chia seeds and secure the lids on the jars.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Serve with your choice of chopped fruit.
This recipe was first posted by GI 365 | Gourmet Innovations. All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2014 GI 365. All Rights Reserved. This content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
*You may only re-publish this recipe with attribution to this post. Feel free to contact me with any questions*